Disclaimer | Copyright | Privacy
1. Definitions and scope
Each visit to and each use of the website quares.be (or quares.eu) shall be subject to these legal notices (the aforementioned websites are hereinafter referred jointly to with the term ‘Website’). The visit and use of the Website automatically entails that you accept these Legal Notices. If you do not accept these notices and conditions, you must leave the website immediately.
For the further application of these Legal Notices, you will be referred to with the terms “you’ or “visitor.”
Quares reserves the right to change the conditions mentioned on the website, including the Legal Notices, at all times. It is therefore recommended to consult these Legal Websites on a regular basis.
2. Information concerning Quares
The Website shall be managed and operated by Quares Holding CVBA, having its registered office at 8 Museumstraat 50, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium. Quares is registered in the Kruispuntbank van Ondernemingen [Central Business Register] under number BE 0881 077 526 with VAT identification number BE 0881 077 526.
For specific real estate-related questions, e.g. information on a certain property, you can always contact one of our offices. The managing office for each property offered is always mentioned on the website.
- Antwerp: Museumstraat 50, B - 2000 Antwerp, Tel.: + 32 3 294 50 57
- Mechelen: 8 Korenmarkt, B - 2800 Mechelen, Tel.: + 32 15 33 19 19
- Mechelen Campus: 20J Schaliënhoevedreef, B - 2800 Mechelen, Tel.: + 32 15 29 30 71
- Sint-Niklaas: 52Grote Markt, B - 9100 Sint-Niklaas, Tel.: + 32 3 766 50 40
- Brussels: 143 Louizalaan, B - 1050 Brussels, Tel.: + 32 2 538 65 40
- Amsterdam: 25 Emmalaan, NL - 1075 AT Amsterdam, Tel.: + 31 20 570 01 20
- Luxembourg: 62, rue de Koerich, LU - 8437 Steinfort, Tel.: + 35 2 27 39 57 770
For general or non real estate-related information, you can reach Quares easily and rapidly via e-mail: email@example.com
4. Description and purpose of the website
With this website, Quares provides essentially the following services:
- Information without obligation concerning the digital service offered via the Website, the services it offers (particularly but not exclusively advice and guidance for buying and selling real estate), renting and letting properties, managing buildings, possible investments…
- An overview of all properties (for sale or rent) in the Quares portfolio, together with a detailed description of each property and a possibility to contact the managing office;
- A communication platform between you and Quares, where you can use all information requests and every sort of communication between you and Quares;
- A number of interactive services intended in particular to apprise and keep you informed of its real estate offer.
If you breach these conditions or use the website for unauthorized or illegal purposes, Quares may deny you access without prior notice.
You can consult this website in Dutch, French and English, and conclude an agreement thereon in one of those languages.
7. Technical steps for concluding a contract
No orders can be placed or contracts concluded via the sites operated by Quares.
8. Institute of Professional Real Estate Agents
The real estate agents affiliated with the offices mentioned under Article 3 are all subject to the IPI code of ethics for estate agents (www.biv.be/plichtenleer). Quares operates through IPI estate agents accredited in Belgium under numbers 207524 and 502735. For more information, you can contact one of the Quares offices (cf. Article 3) or go to the BIV website: www.biv.be. Supervisory authority: Institute of Professional Real Estate Agents, 16B Luxemburgstraat, 1000 Brussels.
9. Intellectual property rights
By using this site you expressly acknowledge that the information and data provided are and shall remain the property of Quares. This website, as well as the layout, texts, logos, images, photos and other items, as well as the selection and design thereof, are protected by copyright, market right, and software and database rights. Every copy or reproduction, public communication, adaptation, change or other form of use or exploitation of all or part of this website, in any form and by any means, without the prior, written consent of Quares, is strictly prohibited. The names, brands, trademarks, images and logos used on this website are legally protected brands and/or trademarks and the property of Quares. Permission to use this website shall entail no permission to use the brands and names mentioned thereon. Any use thereof as well as similar brands or names, without the prior, written consent of Quares is strictly prohibited. If the aforementioned rights are infringed, Quares shall be entitled to initiate all criminal and civil proceedings as it shall deem appropriate.
Quares attaches the utmost importance to your privacy and the correct processing of your personal data. Quares is also responsible for the privacy of the owners as regards the publication of documentation relating to properties for sale or rent posted on the website. The specific documentation relating to a property for sale or rent shall be anonymized in accordance with the privacy regulation, and may be consulted by visitors to the website, subject to prior registration. The use of this documentation shall be limited to purely specific internal purposes in connection with the interests of the candidate buyer and/or tenant in the property, and may in no way be copied, disseminated or used in any other manner.
The aim is to provide the best possible user experience for the surfer on the website. To this end, anonymous data on user behaviour are kept. This has to do with mouse movements, on the basis of which heatmaps are generated that will be used by the marketing department to create a better experience for visitors of www.quares.eu. We must stress that no session of mouse movements can be identified with personal data.
Without prejudice to the provisions of Articles 8 and 98 of these legal notices, the liability of Quares shall be limited exclusively to any direct loss or damage, to the exclusion of indirect loss or damage. Direct loss or damage shall refer in particular to loss of earnings, loss of business, increased costs, loss of data, shortages or any other form of indirect loss or damage (the list is not exhaustive). In any event, the total amount of any loss or damage for which Quares can be held liable shall be limited to €1,000. Quares shall not be held liable either from any loss or damage inherent to the use of the Internet (interruption, virus, etc.).
12. Data protection
The data are protected in strict compliance with the principles on the protection of personal data contained in the European directives, in particular Directive 95/46/EC. All personal data you provide are stored on a safe computer server in Europe. Ento, our web developer, acts as processor and forwards all information to Teamleader, our CRM software, which also acts as processor. Quares acts as the controller. The server software (SSL) codes all data that we receive.
This guarantees in particular a legal and honest processing of the data that we keep on you. We endeavour to store accurate, relevant and discrete personal data. We keep your data up to date and do not hold on to information longer than is necessary. The data are secured to prevent unauthorized access by third parties. You are entitled to peruse your data and to correct any inaccuracies yourself.
Quares will not disclose to third parties any information or data from which your identity can be deduced without your prior consent. General data on visitor patterns of the site may however be interchanged with partners or others, but always in a way that makes it impossible to identify individual users. You can visit our website without providing personal data. However, if we cannot record any data, however, we cannot provide you with any additional information.
13. Which personal data are collected?
We collect your personal data via a registration form and/or contact forms. This information comprises in particular your name, e-mail address, mobile telephone and choice of language.
We use this information in order to:
- Make your visit more pleasant
- Send you relevant information products and services
- Send you an e-mail from time to time on actions or products and services we think might interest you;
If you want to receive information or other messages from us, you can select this option by ticking the relevant box on the registration form. You can also inform us at all times by e-mail that you no longer wish to receive any messages.
If you have given your consent for the use of your personal data for the foregoing purposes, it may be necessary to pass this information on to companies or organizations which we have entrusted with our e-mail messaging or direct marketing. If this should happen, we guarantee that such companies and organizations are compliant with the personal data protection legislation.
14. Other information that is collected during your visit to our website
Each time you visit www.quares.be or www.quares.eu, read pages or download information, our computers automatically record information about your visit. This information stems from the computer which you use to access our website.
These data do reveal your identity. They simply indicate how many visitors approach our site and the type of computer that is used to that end. We can use this information to improve our site for all our users, so that we can make subsequent visits even more pleasant.
The following data are recorded:
- The date and time of your visit to our website.
- How many and which pages you visit during a session on our website and the duration of your visit.
- Your Internet domain name (this can be your Internet service provider or the company where you work) and the IP address (this is a number attributed to your computer when you surf on the web) with which you gain access to our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and the operating system of your computer (e.g. Windows 10).
- The website where you were before you accessed landrover.be via a link (e.g. Google, if you found us via a search engine).
This website does not record any personal information, but logs the user’s IP address, as this is automatically recognized by the webserver. Quares tries to collect and analyse as much information on the use of this website as possible, such as the domain name, number of hits, which pages are visited, previous/next websites visited and the duration of a user session. These data can be collected via cookies.
What is a cookie?
“A cookie (also called an HTTP cookie) is a small text file placed on the hard disc of your computer by the website you visit. The most important function of cookies is to distinguish one user from the other. You therefore come frequently across cookies at websites where you have to log in. A cookie ensures that you remain logged in while you use the site.” (Consumer Association) Definition of cookies by Google: “A small file saved on people’s computer that’s used on webpages that they visit.”
Users prevent the installation of cookies by refusing them through their browser settings. For more information on refusing cookies for the most common browsers, go to http://cookierecht.be. All installed cookies may be removed from a computer or mobile device at all times.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Geo-targeting cookies use the information that your browser sends to detect the country you are in. In this way, the website can be presented in the right manner, adapted to your location (e.g. choice of language). This cookie is fully anonymous.
- Registration cookies are used when registering on a website. They inform the website whether or not you have already logged in and which part of the website you can access. If you do not tick the option “Remember my password,” these cookies are removed when you close your browser.
- Social media related cookies: when you share articles and pages via social media sharing buttons, this will be registered by the social network that has created that button.
- Site performance cookies. These cookies make a website pleasant for users by remembering their preferences, so you do not need to enter settings again on a subsequent visit. Examples include: the volume settings of video players, time preferences , video streaming speed so that it is compatible with your computer, etc.
- Site improvement cookies. If the design of a website differs slightly from the usual display, a new design can be tested at that moment with the A/B test method. With this method, you get to see 1 of the possible versions of the site at random. The site improvement cookie records how visitors react to the different designs, so appropriate changes can be made once the test is completed.
- Analytics cookies. Each time that someone visits a site, the web analytics software generates an anonymous third party analytics cookie. These cookies know whether a visitor has visited the site previously. A cookie is created only for the first visit. The existing cookie is then used during subsequent visits. In this way, the following data can be collected:
- The number of unique visitors
- How often users visit the site
- Which pages users view
- How long users view a given page.
This information is used for statistical purposes only.
Third party advertising cookies. Many advertisements on websites are generated by third parties. They usually use their own cookies to check how many people have already seen their advert. Companies that create these cookies, such as Ads by Google, have their own privacy policies and use their anonymous cookies to show users the right adverts during their visit to a certain website.
16. E-mail address protection
Your e-mail address is used exclusively to answer your correspondence, unless you have given your consent as described above.
17. Data protection for pixel labels
We can use what are known as pixel labels. These are small graphical files we use to control the use of our websites. A pixel ball can be used to collect information, such as the IP address of the computer that has downloaded the page with the label, the URL of the page on which the pixel label appears, how long the page with the pixel label was displayed, the type of browser with which the pixel label was retrieved, and the identification number of cookies that had been placed on the computer previously by that server. Such design detection technology, as it is known, can be used in e-mail correspondence with HTML features. This technology relies on pixel labels to check whether you have received and opened your e-mail.
18. Additional questions on privacy
You have the right to oppose the processing of your data. You have the right to peruse the data that we keep on you and to correct or delete that information if you wish. You can also ask us not to use the information by not indicating your consent on the registration/contact form.
To avail yourself of the aforementioned possibilities or if you have specific questions that are not dealt with in this section, you can contact, by ordinary post or e-mail:
Herman Du Bois, 8 Museumstraat 50, 2000 Antwerp or firstname.lastname@example.org